sexta-feira, 27 de setembro de 2019

The only real gift given to you is right now

This is a story of a young man, traveling ancient countrysides, looking for new emotions to experience.  Looking to give more than to get, and understanding the frailty in the notion that nothing is really given to you aside from the very air that you breathe  But things are changing now  Things are rapidly becoming...very different...than they once were On a southbound train that seems to eat through the German countryside like a mylar saw through wood  Like a hammer breaking through old bones  My reflections are now turning from the circus mirrors and smoke to framed glass  Preparing to separate my interior frailty from the dangers of the outside  Those things I do not quite understand  I can see hints of colored city kid influence  in colorful accents dancing across the foundations of former communist factories  Saying, to me, that I've been here before  Despite this railway being my virgin transport in this oh so foreign place  Chopping through the world I've come to understand as mine  Like a lion's teeth through the ribs of a gazelle  On a hunt  And when we reach Stuttgart  I believe I am a man of different thinking  My energy replenished with each stop between Hamburg and Munich  Visions of Göthe  Thomas Mann immortalised by the artistic politics of iron curtains  Falling as certain as rain  Grape vines growing rooted from the lips of the Rhein see  This particular world I'm traveling through  Is much older than the world I call mine  Today I'm the gunpowder in a continental bullet  A cell in this electric vein coursing through the Black Forest  My destination just beyond the trees  A relatively young man traveling ancient countrysides  And newfangled sidewalk technology  Looking to give more than to get  And understanding the frailty in the notion that nothing is given to you but the air you breathe  And the trees that hide my destination  Resemble loose hairs on the head of an old gentleman from afar  These mountains protecting villages and colonies like a mote  Encircling castles of fallen leaders  Roughly an hour north of the Munich skyline This trip is very different than any I've been on before  I wish I could transmit this experience through American urban radio and whore-house shopping malls  To Wall Street executives and stay-at-home moms in the Bible belt  Just to say hey look at the world and get off your block  Pick up a book  Stop watching the clock  There is so much more to learn than  Trades and monolingual grades  To be sure  This ride is special  This countryside is ancient  And many of these things I do not understand  But I feel like I've been here before  This ride, the thoughts that come with it  Tell me to cherish life now because the only real gift given to you is the present  The only real gift given to you is right now peace!